Fairbanks Ranch Homes for Sale are located in a premier, gated, 24-hour manned security residential community in Rancho Santa Fe. Adjacent to the Rancho Santa Fe Covenant, Fairbanks Ranch is approximately 35 years old. Within its 1240 acres are 600 homes, wide private boulevards, mature, well-groomed landscaping and a plethora of amenities.
Fairbanks Ranch - Latest Listings
Fairbanks Ranch Homes & Community Information
All streets in Fairbanks Ranch are private, hence the light traffic within. It enjoys what is widely considered to be the most professional security of all the Rancho Santa Fe communities. There are 6 entrances and exits for Fairbanks Ranch residents, which makes ingress and egress superb. However, all nonresidents are admitted access (with resident clearance) through the two main entrances only. The 22-plus person full-time security staff take terrific care of this place. They are the best!
The homes in Fairbanks Ranch range in age from 35 years to brand new construction and include exquisite architectural designs in California Ranch, English Tudor, Country French, Contemporary and Spanish Mediterranean styles. Average lot size is 1.2 acres. Prices for homes start at $2 million, with HOA dues of $525 per month.
Security is a top priority at Fairbanks Ranch. The neighborhood has its own private entrance to the K-6 public elementary school for its residents, Solana Santa Fe Elementary School. Everyone gets behind safety for the kids, as well as the other residents.
Fairbanks Ranch Active Listings (All)
- 34 Residential
Homes with Views
Fairbanks Ranch Real Estate Amenities
Fairbanks Ranch features an array of luxury amenities, including:
- 1240 total acres within the Fairbanks community
- 75 acres of park-like grounds and community green space
- 17 acre equestrian center with miles of horse trails
- 9-hole putting green
- 5 tennis courts (3 lit for night play and open until 10 p.m.)
- Private lessons for adults and children taught by tennis professionals
- Community tennis tournaments offered throughout year
- Beautiful lake, replete with bird sanctuary island (3 baby swans were recently hatched!), and catch-and-release fishing
- Paddle boat and row boat available for complimentary check-out during Clubhouse business hours, 7 days a week
- Walking and hiking trails with a parcourse fitness course
- Community library located inside historical pumphouse
- Meticulously groomed park that includes jungle gym, sand volleyball court, stream, charcoal grill, half basketball court, and 3 picnic tables (two shaded by pergolas)
- 24-hour security with roving patrol
Fairbanks Ranch Schools
Fairbanks Ranch is part of the Solana Beach School District and the San Dieguito Union High School District. Students may attend the following highly-ranked public schools:
- Solana Santa Fe Elementary School
- Earl Warren Middle School
- Torrey Pines High School
- San Dieguito Academy
- Canyon Crest Academy
Fairbanks Ranch Community Activities
Regular and seasonal Fairbanks Ranch homeowner activities are numerous – a few are listed here:
- Coffee by the Lake: Fresh baked breakfast pastries and coffee served, complimentary, in the Clubhouse, Friday – Sunday, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Riding Camp: Children’s camp offered during summer and holiday breaks.
- Karate: Children’s instruction offered Thursdays at the Clubhouse; small groups; separate junior and senior classes.
- Tennis & Surf Camp: 10 one-week sessions offered June – August for children and teens.
- Ladies Stretching Group: Gentle stretching & strengthening class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Clubhouse; complimentary.
- Yoga: Ashtanga yoga with an internationally renowned instructor. Class meets Tuesdays and Thursday morning at the Clubhouse.
- Meet Ups at the Park: Neighbors, friends, and new families gather for games, conversation, and snacks at the park. Third Thursday of each month unless otherwise announced; complimentary, open to all residents.
- Year round social functions for family as well as adult-only functions.
Luxury, Tranquility, and Exclusivity in Fairbanks Ranch
Nestled just south of the San Dieguito River Valley, and lying within the original borders of Southern California’s Rancho San Dieguito, sits an exclusive Rancho Santa Fe community of residential estates known as Fairbanks Ranch.
The development comprises Fairbanks Ranch, on 1,240 acres with its 622 residential lots and custom-built estates and manicured landscaping. Today, when these prized homes come on the market, celebrities, business leaders, politicians, and families vie for the opportunity to live and enjoy life here. Protective covenants safeguard the esthetics, tranquility, and exclusivity of the property and its storied Hollywood heritage.
Its more than 75 acres of secure park-like grounds among its total 1,240 acres, comprises distinctive amenities including a sparkling stream and pristine lake with a clubhouse situated on its shore. Forty acres of open space, miles of walking trails, a 17-acre equestrian center with a 27-stall stable and two pristine lakes grace the grounds. Additional facilities include a community library housed in the carefully restored original pump-house, five tennis courts, a nine-hole putting green, and a park featuring a barbecue and picnic area along with a fitness course and volleyball and basketball courts. And of utmost value, is the enviable security team that services Fairbanks Ranch residents. Comprised of 22 full-time employees it provides the ultimate in 24-hour patrol response in addition to the 6 secured gated entrances for Fairbanks residents.
Once part of a historic Spanish land grant, the famed silent film star Douglas Fairbanks and his wife, America’s sweetheart actress Mary Pickford, purchased the land in the 1920’s and named it Rancho Zorro after Fairbank’s most famous role in the film “The Mark of Zorro.” A tranquil respite from the Hollywood hustle, the Valencia orange groves and cool waters of Lusardi Creek became a private getaway at which to entertain friends. Sold in 1952 by Fairbanks’ second wife, the glamorous model and socialite, Lady Sylvia Ashley, the fabled property sank into obscurity until 1977 when developer Ray Watt laid eyes on it and it sparked the vision of what is today Fairbanks Ranch.
This sought-after community, featured on “The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous,” offers a rare opportunity for an exceptional lifestyle within its exclusive setting of natural beauty and luxury estates.